Gossip blogger Obare spent his Saturday evening in unwell state. According to the blogger, he had a seafood meal in Capital Center at Art Caffe before everything went north.
His body started reacting to the meal after finishing and on realizing the rapid changes, rushed to the hospital where the doctors later diagnosed him to have been hit with anaphylactic attack.
Anaphylaxis is a severe, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction. It can occur within seconds or minutes of exposure to something you’re allergic to.
Anaphylaxis causes your immune system to release a flood of chemicals that can cause you to go into shock — your blood pressure drops suddenly and your airways narrow, blocking breathing. Signs and symptoms include a rapid, weak pulse; a skin rash; and nausea and vomiting. Common triggers include certain foods, some medications, insect venom and latex.
Obare insists that he’s accustomed to the meal he took and has never had any problems or allergy. It’s unclear what could have been used to prepare the meal that might have caused the reaction. Art Caffe is yet to communicate to Obare as they promised a follow up to give answers o what might have gone wrong.
Read his narration of events below.