Gossip

Former Mungiki Leader Reveals How Much Ocampo Offered Him To Fix Uhuru

Loading...

Former Mungiki leader Ndura Waruinge now claims that he was offered Ksh40 million to fix former President Uhuru Kenyatta at the International Criminal Court (ICC).

Speaking to KTN News on Sunday, October 16, Waruinge alleged that officials of the court wanted him to give false testimony against Uhuru in the case regarding the 2007-08 Post Election Violence that left at least 1,200 people dead and 600,000 others displaced.

Waruinge, who maintains that he was not a witness in the case, claims he was in 2014 approached by former ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno Ocampo and two well-known Kenyan politicians to sign documents with some written evidence against Uhuru.

“I was not an ICC witness but the ICC prosecutor Ocampo came to me in 2014 and requested me to sign a letter that had some sort of written evidence explaining how Uhuru Kenyatta paid me to go and kill,” Waruinge claimed.

“He was accompanied by two well-known Kenyan politicians and told me that they would pay me Ksh40 million as long as I appended my signature,” he added.

The former sect leader-turned-preached said he asked for more time to consult his wife before making any decision regarding the offer.

He would later turn down the colossal amount of money after informing Uhuru of the plot to fix him at the Hague.

Loading...

“I told them that I would like to consult with my wife on the matter after which I would get back to them. I immediately called Uhuru and told him that they wanted to fix him,” he added.

“Uhuru asked me to go to a hotel in Kampala where I met his lawyer, Karim Khan, and wrote statements in favour of Uhuru.”

ICC case dismissed

The case against Uhuru was dropped in December 2014 for lack of evidence.

Uhuru, who had denied the charges, said he felt “vindicated”.

“My conscience is absolutely clear,” he said, adding that his case had been “rushed there without proper investigation”.

The cases against several other persons charged at the Hague, including the current President William Ruto, were also later dismissed over ‘insufficient evidence’.


There's no story that cannot be told. We cover the stories that others don't want to be told, we bring you all the news you need. If you have tips, exposes or any story you need to be told bluntly and all queries write to us [email protected] also find us on Telegram
Loading...

Related posts

Pastor Ng’ang’a Brags Of How Wealthy He Is

nairobi-exposed

Jalang’o distances self from wash wash business

nairobi-exposed

Ole Sereni breaks silence on Ndichu brothers’ incident

nairobi-exposed

Deputy IG Edward Mbugua Accused Of Chewing His Junior’s Wife

nairobi-exposed

David Osiany Accused Of Using His CAS Position To Cut Deals For His PR Company

nairobi-exposed

Coca-Cola Manager Oliver Soto In Sex Scandal With Asian Beauty

nairobi-exposed

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More